Thursday, June 24, 2021

Harold says...time to take a break! Plus: I'm interviewed on Nitrateville podcast

Harold reminds us it's time to take a break!

Okay, after a busy nearly post-pandemic June, I'm hitting the "pause" button on silent film accompaniment until after the July 4th weekend.

I'll return for the second half of 2021 with 'Safety Last' (1923), Harold Lloyd's great building climbing comedy, on Wednesday, July 7 at 7 p.m. at the Leavitt Theatre in Ogunquit, Maine.

Well: 7/7 at 7 p.m.  If I was a gambling man...

For now: check out the most recent Nitrateville Podcast, in which host Mike Gebert interviewed me about silent film accompaniment. To my surprise, I sounded reasonably coherent!

Also on the program: Rodney Sauer of the Mont Alto Motion Picture Orchestra, and academic Lisa Stein Haven. Enjoy, and best wishes for a happy 4th!


No comments:

Post a Comment